Important: Save the PiTiVi project before you start, as I’ve found it to be prone to crashing.
- Once the video and audio are ready, click “Render project”
- Click “Choose File” and enter a filename with the extension
- Click “Modify” and select either 576p PAL or 480p NTSC depending on your region
- Change the export container to “FFmpeg MPEG-2 PS format (DVD VOB)”
- Change the audio codec to “FFmpeg ATSC A/52A (AC-3)”
- In the audio settings, change the Bit Rate to 256000
- The video codec should be fixed at “FFmpeg MPEG-2″
- In the video settings, change the Bit Rate to 6548000
- Click “OK”, then “Render”
Incidentally, before rendering I used “noise removal” and “normalize” in Audacity to create a clean soundtrack. I imported this into PiTiVi and removed the original audio. Result: success!